March is upon us, and winter has finally decided to make an appearance! Check out the latest from the The Weather Chanel… Snow is on the way.
Although not the snowiest of all winters, 2012 marks the 35th anniversary of Snowboarding. And Burton will be celebrating at its birthplace, Stratton, VT, with the 30th annual US Open. The celebration will not only honor the history of the sport, but also the legendary snowboarders that have shaped it into what shredding represents today.
To Celebrate, Burton would like YOU to join us on March 10th! Come to Stratton, get in a few runs and watch all the action! There will also be swag and give-ways and much more to make this an extra special Stratturday!
All US Open Legends have been invited to Stratton, March 9-11. There will be parties, special events and guest appearances… The US Open is known for good times and great competition. And with 30 years of US Open to celebrate, 2012 will not disappoint! You know OvR will be there… and you should join us!
As always, Saturdays are Stratturdays, but on March 10th, it’ll be extra special. You won’t want to miss this special Burton event. Drop off your gear the night before at the Burton Flagship Store in SoHo so you don’t have schlep it in the wee hours. Then wait for the bus inside the store (they’ll be open especially for the event a half hour before the bus departs.) Burton NYC will also be providing US Open products and swag … you might just come home with a souvenir.
Events you catch on Stratturday, March 10th:
Halfpipe – Finals (Men and Women)
- 8:30am- 9:30am- Women’s Halfpipe Practice
- 9:30am- 9:45am- Halfpipe Maintenance
- 9:45am-11:00am- Women’s Halfpipe Finals
- 11:10am-12:10pm- Men’s Halfpipe Practice
- 12:10pm-12:40pm- DJ Cre8/USO video history set
- 12:40pm-1:15pm- Men’s Halfpipe Finals (1st run)
- 1:30pm -3:00pm- Men’s Halfpipe Finals (2nd and 3rd run)
Awards (on stage in Sponsor Village)
- 3:15pm-4:00pm- Awards Ceremony (HP, BGOS, MINI Countryman, TTR)
- 10:00am-5:00pm- Prize Distribution, Security/Command Center at Sun Bowl
Join us for what should be a fun a day fun of excitement and celebration! Sign up now and don’t miss this bus!