Together we Stand, Together we Fight to Protect our Coast!
Saturday May 19th – DON’T MISS THE BUS!
Rockaway Beach is an old New York institution on the rise after surviving the devastating effects of Hurricane Sandy. Right after the storm, our team band together with the community in Rockaway along with all hundreds of NYC supporting friends to help bring supplies and aide to the area. Years later we’ve been helping offer service to the Rockaways and all across NYC beaches for thousands of guests enjoying all the NYC shoreline has to offer.
Protecting our beaches will always be at the forefront of the OvR Beach Bus. Preservation and conservation are extremely important considerations if we’re to have beaches to enjoy in the future. This is why we’re teaming up with Patagonia, Clean Ocean Action, Surfrider Foundation and many more environmentally minded activists to help support this important cause.
We are running the OvR Beach Bus on this special day, Saturday 5/19 to help bring participants out to/from the beach, so as many people as possible can join us. We’ll be joining hands on land and sea to symbolize our opposition to the fossil fuel infrastructure and exploration that is threatening our coastline – specifically the Williams NESE pipeline and offshore drilling.
Plan For the Day:
• 9am: Pickup at Patagonia Bowery to head to the beach
• 9:30am: Pickup at Union Pool in Williamsburg BK to head to the beach
• 11am: Gather on the beach and meet your community!
• 11:30am: Hear from community leaders on the issues we are taking action on. (Speaker to be announced soon!)
• 12pm: Hands Across the Sand & paddle out – join hands on land and sea. (Bring your wetsuit and board if you want to join the paddle out.)
• 12:15pm: Beach clean up – show your beach some love! (Gloves and bags will be provided)
• 1:30pm: Post event hang out at Rockaway Brewing Company (415 Beach 72nd Street)
• 5pm: Pickup at Rockaway Brewing Company to head back to Brooklyn & Manhattan
Together we can make a difference! Get out and show out coast some love!!!