Turns out… JAPAN HAS THE BEST SNOW IN THE WORLD!!! No joke… we challenge anyone to prove otherwise! Two consecutive years in Hokkaido, it never stopped snowing and the powder piled up by the foot all day, and all night!!!
You asked for it… so you got it… We’re heading back to Japan to take in the rich local culture, the elegant unique vistas, and featherlight wordclass champagne powder. To ensure the most authentic and comprehensive experience, we’ve again teamed up with NYT Snow – The Best Reps in the New York – Japan connection.
Don’t Miss this Epic Excursion! Get to Japan every year… it will change your on-snow life! Start that life this year and join, OvR & NYT Snow 2016!
Now that Japan has become an annual destination for OvRride, we know exactly how to do it right. We’ve streamlined our itinerary to ensure we see as much as we can, hit the best resorts in the region, and maximize our time on the Far East Coast.
The majority of our stay will be in Hokkaido, the most northern Japanese Island, which receives the world’s heaviest snowfall recorded annually – FACT!.
Assuring the right trip for everyone, we’ve included an optional “alternate” itinerary for those who would like to join us for a backcountry tour in the Asahidake Region of Hokkaido… the north of that northern island. Instead of heading to Niseko when we depart Rusutsu, our backcountry tour will depart for 2 nights & 2 Days of riding in the backcountry before joining our group in Niseko for a night & day in that region. Rounding out our comprehensive Japanese Experience, we’ve built into our trip an inclusive 2 Day & 3 Nights in Tokyo
• Roundtrip Airfare To and From NYC via JFK (No Airfare Package Available)
• 3 days & nights at Rusutsu Resort, Hokkaido (Breakfasts included)
• Access to Rusutsu Hot Springs
• 3 days & nights at Niseko Resort, Hokkaido
• Shuttle Transportation to/from and in between airports, hotels & resorts
• 5 Days Lift Tickets at Rusutsu & Niseko Resorts, Hokkaido (optional 6th day additional)
• 6 nights lodging in Hokkaido, 3 nights Rusutsu Resort Tower Suite & 3 nights at Lodge Koropokkuru
• Optional Backcountry Tour Addition, 2 nights & 2 Days Shirakabaso Lodge in Asahidake (substitutes 2 of the Niseko Day/Nights) & 1 night at Lodge Koropokkuru in Niseko
• 2 Days & 3 Nights in Tokyo, Japan (Lodging & Transportation to/from Hotel Included)
• The quintessential Japanese Powder Experience… one hell of a good time
Lodging and Accommodations at the Best Mix of Japan!
Rusutsu Resort Luxury Tower Suites
Rusutsu Resort Luxury Tower Suites
At Rusutsu, we’ll be staying at the Rusutsu Resort Luxury Tower Suites complete with amenities second to none.
• Full service spa (complete with facial, body, and aroma therapy)
• World famous Hot Springs
• Indoor wavepool featuring a 100m aqua-coaster
• Daily Luxury Breakfast Buffet
• Ski Lockers with book warming area & compressed air blower to clean your equipment
Lodge Koropokkuru in Niseko Hirafu Village
At Niseko we’ll be staying right in the Niseko Hirafu Village, and its all about location, right at the base of the mountain’s lift access.
• Traditional Japanese Tatami Rooms, complete with tatami beds and tea set
• Short walk to restaurants, shops & bars.
• Mix of private rooms and communal spaces promotes great social atmosphere
Shirakabaso Backcountry Lodge
During the Backcountry Tour, while in Daisetsuzan we’ll be staying at Shirakabaso Lodge in Asahidake. It’s out there in the Japanese Backcountry, ensuring a very authentic Japanese Experience
• Authentic Locally Sourced Japanese Dinner Included Nightly
• Indoor and Outdoor Onsen (All natural Spring baths)
• Access to some of the best backcountry powder in the world
• One of the most epic scenic views of the Japanese Backcountry via the lodge Observatory
Shinbashi Tokyu Inn
While in Tokyo, We’ll be staying right in the heart of the city
I doubt Tokyo needs much description or introduction, just take whatever your perception of it is and add a heaping scoop of awesome!
While in Tokyo, we’ll be lodging at the Shinbashi Tokyu Inn. The rooms are quaint and european style, but the location is what its all about. We’ll be right in the mix to maximize our few days in Tokyo and experience one of the world’s most happening cities.
If you decide to apply for a job, move into an apartment, and start a new life in Japan… we’ll understand.
• Friday February 12th – Flight Leaves from NYC to Tokyo, Japan
• Saturday February 13th – Arrive in Tokyo, Connect Flight to Hokkaido, Check into Rusutsu
• Sunday February 14th – Ride Rusutsu by day / Explore the local flavor at night
• Monday February 15th – Ride Rusutsu by day / Explore the local flavor at night
• Tuesday February 16th – Ride Rusutsu by day / shuttle and check into either Asahidake Backcountry or Niseko Hirafu village
• Wednesday February 17th – Ride Niseko or Asahidake by day / Explore the local flavor at night
• Thursday February 18th – Ride Niseko or Asahidake / (Asahidake group shuttle and joins group in Niseko) Explore the local flavor at night
• Friday August 19th – Free Day in Niseko to Ride or Explore / Shuttle to Chitose Airport, Depart for Tokyo, Shuttle to &, check into Tokyo Hotel
• Saturday February 20th – Free Day in Tokyo / Explore the truly amazing city of Tokyo at night
• Sunday February 21st – Free Day in Tokyo – Explore the truly amazing city of Tokyo at night
• Monday February 22nd – Morning Shuttle departs from hotel to airport, Flight departs for NYC 11am