The Epic Journey continues… We are heading to South America to the peaks of the Andes Mountains!!!
OvRride doesn’t stop when the snow melts, because it’s always snowing somewhere. When the dead heat of summer gets you thinking of heading somewhere cool, why not take it over the top and go straight to winter. Join us for our trip to Chile in July where Summer is upside down.
Some of the world’s best riding and skiing is in the mountains of Chile and we put together a mix of the best.
As we always do, we’ve worked with the area’s most trusted reps to bring you the best resorts, terrain, and local flavor. After all, when you travel to the other side of the world you’re going to want to take it all in.
• Roundtrip Airfare from NYC to/from Santiago, Chile
• Guided Tour of the city of Santiago (con peirnas)
• 5 Days Lift Tickets at 3 Valleys resorts & Los Andes (Optional 1day CAT Tour)
• All local transit and transfers during our stay
• Lodging at regions most comfortable accommodations
• 2 Nights in the Bellavista Region of Santiago (nightlife and cultural center of Chile)
• Tour of Chilean vineyards and wine tasting
• All breakfasts, with diners, après appetizers & local wine during our stay at the Powder Lodge in Farallones
• A full bodied South American cultural experience with some of the worlds best skiing & riding
Leisure Time Around the City
You’re going to want to experience the city of Santiago in Chile. With our scheduled “leisure days” to hang around town you’ll have free time to acclimate yourself to the culture. We’ll have all day Saturday July 12th, Friday night and again Friday the 19th – to check out the museums, cafes, wineries, and local shops.
OvRride never leaves the nightlife out of our plans. We’ll be spending 2 nights in Santiago, strategically set on a Friday and Saturday evening. You’re going to want to check the unique local culture after dark. You can Enjoy the spectrum of Santiago from beer-by-the-liter & plastic tables, to fine dining & glasses of local artisan wine.
When we arrive at the mountain we’ll be staying at the ultra homey Powder Lodge located in the village of Farellones and right next to a chair lift at the Resort El Colorado. It seemed like the obvious choice, not only due to its central proximity to the 3 Valley Resorts, but also its true Chilean rustic mountain feel and world class accommodations. Check out the table where the best chef in Farellones will be making you breakfast, après appetizers and dinner every day while we stay.
Our stay includes daily breakfast, après meals, and dinner and top off each meal with a glass of complimentary local wine. No doubt we’ll also be taking advantage of the outdoor hot tubs for mind and body healing daily.
• Sunday July 13th – Leave Santiago for Farellones, check into Powder Lodge and Ride/Ski El Colorado Resort (Right at our doorstep)
• Monday July 14th – Ride/Ski El Colorado Resort (Right at our doorstep)
• Tuesday July 15th – Ride/Ski La Parva Resort (Best Kept Secret)
• Wednesday July 16th – Ride/Ski Valle Nevado Resort (Legend of the Area)
• Thursday July 17th – Wine Tour with tasting, Check Into Hotel Inca
• Friday July 18th – Ride/Ski Portillo Resort (Ski Arpa CAT Ski option also available)
• Saturday July 19th – Hang in Santiago, free day – Shuttle to the airport leaves at 6pm
Optional CAT Ski Tour:
Since it’s offered in Chile (reportedly some of the best riding in the world) we put together an option within the trip to head over to Ski Arpa.
What is a CAT Tour? If you’d like to join us, July 18th when we depart the hotel, instead of heading to Portillo Resort – we’ll head straight through the desert and up a remote mountainside…
The CAT ride will take you to the top of untouched terrain and a the best local guides will be corralling the experience as you descend some of the freshest snow in the world. No chair lifts for this one. It’s a cruising ride up on the CAT and an unforgettable shred down the big back bowls of the Chilean Andes. There is additional cost for this experience but it will surely be priceless.
CHECK OUT PICS FROM LAST YEAR’S AWESOME TRIP ON FACEBOOK