The Epic Journey continues… We are heading to South America to the peaks of the Andes Mountains!!!
OvRride doesn’t stop when the snow melts, because it’s always snowing somewhere. When the dead heat of summer gets you thinking of heading somewhere cool, why not take it over the top and go straight to winter. Join us for our trip to Chile in July where Summer is upside down.
Some of the world’s best riding and skiing is in the mountains of Chile and we put together a mix of the best.
As we always do, we’ve worked with the area’s most trusted reps to bring you the best resorts, terrain, and local flavor. After all, when you travel to the other side of the world you’re going to want to take it all in.
• Roundtrip Airfare from NYC to/from Santiago, Chile
• Lodging for the entire trip in Santiago, Las Trancas, and Los Andes
• Guided Day City Tour of Santiago with option of Café Con Piernas (which means Coffee with Legs) WTF you say? Just another reason to come down & find out
• 4 Days Lift Tickets at 3 Valleys resorts & Portillo Ski Resort (Optional 1day SNOWCAT Trip at an additional cost)
• On snow bilingual local guide for Nevados De Chillan and Ski Arpa, riding at the pace of advanced riders (beginners and intermediates won’t need a guide as you’ll likely be staying on resort)
• Tour of Chilean vineyard and wine tasting near town of Los Andes
• All breakfasts or trips entirety along with apres, dinners and wine only during our stay in Farellones at Powder Lodge
• Bilingual local Host to go out with to experience the nightlife in Santiago & Las Trancas.
• Night out in Santiago in the Bellavista Region (nightlife and cultural center of Chile) strategically set on a Friday evening. We’ll get to check out the local culture after dark enjoying the spectrum of Santiago from beer-by-the-liter & plastic tables, to fine dining & glasses of local artisan wine.
• A full bodied South American cultural experience with some of the worlds best skiing & riding
Leisure Time Around the City
You’re going to want to experience the city of Santiago in Chile. With our scheduled “leisure days” to hang around town you’ll have free time to acclimate yourself to the culture.
OvRride never leaves the nightlife out of our plans. We’ll be spending a Friday night in Santiago, strategically set as one of the local “big nights out”. You’re going to want to check the unique local culture after dark. You can Enjoy the spectrum of Santiago from beer-by-the-liter & plastic tables, to fine dining & glasses of local artisan wine.
When we arrive in Las Trancas we’ll be staying at the rustic ski lodge hot spot, Riding Chile located right on the main road. It’s all about the riding and skiing in this town, so the accommodations are minimal, but the bar & restaurant downstairs is where it’s at!
Our stay includes daily breakfasts, but I do recommend getting some of the pizza at some point, as its the best in Chile. No doubt we’ll also be taking advantage of the volcanically natural hot springs during our stay, and if you’re feeling lucky… maybe try the casino.
• Wednesday July 16th – Flight Leaves from NYC to Santiago Chile
• Thursday July 17th – Arrive in Chile, guided tour of Santiago, check into Los Andes
• Friday July 18th – Ride/Ski Portillo Resort (Ski Arpa CAT Ski option also available), check into Santiago for a night out
• Saturday July 19th – Transfer Santiago Hotel to Train Station 10:00 AM , Train Santiago-Chillan at 11:30am arriving at 4:20pm, check into Las Trancas for a local night out.
• Sunday July 20th – Ride/Ski Nevados De Chillan
• Monday July 21st – Ride/Ski Nevados De Chillan
• Tuesday July 22nd – Ride/Ski Nevados De Chillan
• Wednesday July 23rd – Transfer Las Trancas to Chillan Train Station, Train Chillan-Santiago at 1:05pm arriving at 6:05pm
Transfer Santiago Train Station and check into Santiago Hotel, another night out on the city.
• Thursday July 24th – Hang in Santiago, free day – Shuttle to the airport leaves at 6pm
Optional CAT Ski Tour:
Since it’s offered in Chile (reportedly some of the best riding in the world) we put together an option within the trip to head over to Ski Arpa.
What is a CAT Tour? If you’d like to join us, July 18th when we depart the hotel, instead of heading to Portillo Resort – we’ll head straight through the desert and up a remote mountainside…
The CAT ride will take you to the top of untouched terrain and a the best local guides will be corralling the experience as you descend some of the freshest snow in the world. No chair lifts for this one. It’s a cruising ride up on the CAT and an unforgettable shred down the big back bowls of the Chilean Andes. There is additional cost for this experience but it will surely be priceless.
Ready to extend your stay? If you have the time and can come earlier, why not join us as well for Week 1 Northern Chile as well July 11-19? Email us atinfo@OvRride.com for more info about combining the two trips.
CHECK OUT PICS FROM LAST YEAR’S AWESOME TRIP ON FACEBOOK