After rocking the Austrian Alps the past few winters, we learned a few things. The mountains are beautiful, the powder is world class, and the aprés party is second to none! For winter 2018, we’re heading BACK TO THE AUSTRIAN ALPS!!! You’re not going to want to miss OvRride Austria when we head across the Atlantic for a week of proper European mountain culture experience.
Austria is home to epic ski conditions, loads of long runs, glorious mountain peaks, and world renowned Apres-Ski. Solden Resort, one of the stops on the Ski World Cup circuit, is quickly becoming Europe’s hot spot location, with access to glacier skiing, 150 km of ski trails, and a youthful nightlife that is the perfect complement to a day crushing tons of fresh powder. During one year’s trip, the resort played host to Daniel Craig, James Bond movie, Spectre… Look out for some OvRride crew in the background!!!
Come join us for this EPIC European Excursion!!! Get to the Austrian Alps… It’s time to OvRride Austria!!!
While in Solden, we will be staying mountain side, centrally located so we can start our day anywhere on the mountain we choose. Hotel Tyrol is chock full of Austrian allure, a wellness spa, and a short walking distance to bars, restaurants, and lifts to the top of the mountain.
Since we always pull out all the stops, our trip will also roll through Munich, Germany for a day and night in one of Europe’s most happening cities. We’ll tour through the beautiful city, rich in Bavarian culture and pride, settle into a comfy local accommodation, then head out for the nightlife. Get ready for lederhosen, foot stomping, accordion jamming good times in one of Deutschland’s world famous beer gardens. Care to challenge yourself and take down… DAS BOOT?
• Roundtrip Airfare To and From NYC (No Air Package Available)
• Shuttle Transportation to/from and in between airports & resorts
• 1 day & city tour of Munich, Germany
• 6 days & nights at SØLDEN Resort, Austria (includes all breakfasts & dinners)
• 5 Days Lift Tickets at SØLDEN Resort, Austria (Lifts tickets also offer access to additional area resorts)
• 6 nights mountainside lodging at SØLDEN Resort
• 1 night lodging at popular, centrally located hotel Munich (quick walk to all the city sites)
• Optional night out “Night Sledging”, the traditional alpine sledding experience
• The quintessential European Alps Experience… one hell of a good time
Traditional Alpine Night “Sledging”
There’s no doubt one of the highlights of our trips in the Alps is getting out for their traditional night sledding experience. Since the aprés scene and nightlife in Austria is top notch the night sledding experience is a total party!!! We’ll get picked up in “off-road vehicles” one night at the hotel, after hitting the mountain, and transported out to the local night sledding slope.
Music, drinks, and extreme Austrian merriment ensues up at the remote alpine lodge at the top of the sled track! Just when the party hits reaches it’s pinnacle… IT’S ON! Head out to the track and jump on a classic wooden toboggan and rock down the sledging track!!! No experience required and everyone can run the course at their own speed, which can be pretty nut if you SEND IT like some of our crew did last year!
Get to the Sundeck at the Top of the Gondola & Taste the Local Wine!
Of course the beer in Austria is world famous, but the world class wine is often overlooked. A taste of The local varietal, Zweigelt, from the top of resort will turn you into a fan of Austrian wines. Then there’s the Riesling from neighboring Germany, oh… and there’s those French and Italian wines from the Alps bordering countries… yeah, they’re pretty good too! There’s no better place to enjoy a glass of viño then a bluebird day on the sundeck at Sølden!!!
Lodging and Accommodations Slopeside at SØLDEN!
• Full service spa (complete with facial, body, and aroma therapy)
• Sauna & Steam Room
• Daily Breakfast & Dinners, including locally curated meals
• Slopeside Lift Service
• Short walk to restaurants, shops, bars & “Freizeit Arena” (adventure pool, spa, bowling & more)
• Pfiff bar, Local Apres scene right in the hotel
• Friday January 26th – Flight Leaves from NYC to Munich, Germany
• Saturday January 27th – Arrive in Munich, Tour city, check into Munich accommodations & enjoy Germany nightlife
• Sunday January 28th – Depart for SØLDEN Resort / Check into slopeside accommodations & enjoy Austrian nightlife
• Monday January 29th – SØLDEN Resort by day, Aprés at śFinale, Explore local flavor at night
• Tuesday January 30th – SØLDEN Resort by day, Aprés at Schirm Sonne, Optional Night Sledding
• Wednesday January 31st – SØLDEN Resort by day, Night riding/skiing & Fireworks on the Mountain
• Thursday February 1st – SØLDEN Resort by day, Optional trip to Aqua Dome for R&R, euro-baths, spas, and more
• Friday February 2nd – SØLDEN Resort by day, DJ Day Party on Mountain, farewell dinner & bar crawl
• Saturday February 3rd – Depart SØLDEN for home, flight leaves for NYC in the evening.
Exact daily schedule subject to change due to weather, transportation delays, or other unforeseen circumstances