- Q: How does the bus pickup work in the morning?
- Q: When does the bus depart the mountain?
- Q: My friend and I choose different pick up locations….Can we be on the same bus?
- Q: What time do we get back to the city?
- Q: Can you drop me off on my corner? It’s on the way.
- Q: Are there any stops on the way up?
- Q: Are there any stops on the way back?
- Q: What equipment do I need to bring with me for the trip?
- Q: I booked a weekend trip with OvR….Can I lodge with my friend(s)?
- Q: Do you guys do weekend trips to Hunter, Windham, Stratton or (Insert favorite mountain you don’t see on our schedule here)?
- Q: I’m booked for a day trip, can I stay there overnight, and come back another day with OvR?
- Q: What if I only need a one way bus ride to or from the mountain?
- Q: What happens if I left something on the bus?
- Q: What is the age restriction?
- Q: How do I get my Lift Ticket?
- Q: Can I buy a ticket(s) on the bus the morning of a trip?
- Q: WHAT ARE THE DESTINATIONS INCLUDED IN THE IKON PASS?
- Q: WHAT ARE THE COLLECTIVE STATS FOR THE IKON PASS?
- Q: After I purchase the OvR Ikon Pass, when do I receive the pass, travel credits, etc.?
- Q: How does the Ikon Pass Preserver Insurance Protection work?
- Q: How do I use my Ikon Pass when I arrive at the mountain?
- Q: How does night skiing work with my Ikon Pass?
- Q: What is OvRride’s Cancellation Policy?
- Q: Still have a question? Need more info? Who to contact:
Q: How does the bus pickup work in the morning?
– The bus pick-up times and locations vary from trip to trip. Please check OvRride.com trip details page for the details. The times listed are the “Departure” times (meaning this is the time the bus is scheduled to depart that location).
– It takes time to load your equipment and check everyone in, so please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to departure to allow time for check-in. A smooth check in process helps ensure you get to the mountain as early as possible.
Q: When does the bus depart the mountain?
– Our bus departs Hunter Mountain, Windham Mountain and any destinations in the Catskills at 4:30PM
– Our bus departs all Vermont Destinations (Mount Snow, Killington, Okemo, Stratton, Sugarbush, Stowe, etc.) and Gore at 5pm. We expect to depart consistently at this time, but may depart slightly after 5pm if we are delayed by weather, traffic or other unforeseen road circumstances. It’s important to us that our drivers have the time needed to rest and prepare for the return trip for any more remote destination.
– Our bus departs Camelback in the Poconos at 7:00PM on midday trips ands 10pm on twilight trips.
– Our bus departs Mountain Creek at 4:30 pm on day trips, 8pm on midday trips and 10 pm on twilight trips.
– It takes time to load your equipment and check everyone in, so please arrive at the bus 10-15 minutes prior to departure to allow time for check-in. A smooth check in process helps ensure you get home as early as possible.
Q: My friend and I choose different pick up locations….Can we be on the same bus?
– Due to the large number of people OvR services on any trip, we schedule multiple buses, most of which take different city routes. These routes are determined the morning of each trip and are subject to change to meet unforeseen issues.
– OvR can only guarantee you and your friend(s) will be on the same bus if you all get on at the same pick up location.
Q: What time do we get back to the city?
– A good estimate is: Catskills day bus trips arrive in NYC between 7-8PM & VT day bus trips arrive in NYC between 9:30-10:30PM. Camelback return times vary from 9-10pm for any trip midday trip – 12am for any twilight trip. Mountain Creek from 6:30 for any day trip, 10pm for midday trips and 12am for twilight trips.
– Of course we cannot control weather conditions, traffic, or other unforeseen circumstances that may slow us down or change our route. The safety and comfort of our guests is always most important.
Q: Can you drop me off on my corner? It’s on the way.
– We CANNOT accommodate any personal drop off locations. We have permits for pick up and drop off locations and can be subject to heavy fines for stopping elsewhere.
Q: Are there any stops on the way up?
– We do not make any stops on the way to the Catskill, Pocono Mountains, or Mountain Creek, since the trips are not very long. For longer trips to VT, we make a brief stop about half way up to the mountain at a rest area. Our goal is to get to the mountain as early as possible to enjoy the most of our day.
Q: Are there any stops on the way back?
– Coming back from VT we typically make 2 stops (but often skip the first if we see no need):
– The first is before we hit the highway to stock up on snacks, beverages, or anything you may need for the trip.
– The second is at the same rest stop we visit in the morning.
Q: What equipment do I need to bring with me for the trip?
– Hard goods can be rented from the mountain. Hard goods include snowboards, skis, boots and helmet. You can purchase a discounted rental package through OvRride when you book your trip and you will receive it when we arrive at the mountain.
– Soft goods CANNOT be rented at the mountain, but you may be able to rent them through our partners at Kitlender.com, if you arrange these rentals well in advance.. Soft goods include jackets, pants, goggles, gloves, socks etc… Shops where we pickup are generally not open when we depart NYC in the morning, however, there are shops at the mountain lodges where you can purchase these items if you need or forget something on the day of the trip.
Q: I booked a weekend trip with OvR….Can I lodge with my friend(s)?
– You can indeed request to lodge with your friend(s) or significant other, simply by emailing info@OvRride.com
– Provide in the email the following information: Trip destination, dates, names, and order number(s) for all parties you’d like to lodge with. Please note we try to the best of our abilities to meet your accommodation requests, but OvR is subject to availability at our lodging providers and therefore some requests may not be granted.
Q: Do you guys do weekend trips to Hunter, Windham, Stratton or (Insert favorite mountain you don’t see on our schedule here)?
– We do not provide overnight trips to Hunter, Windham Stratton and many of the mountains we frequent. However, we do weekend trips to other destinations like Mount Snow, Sugarbush, and Stowe throughout the season. You can find info about those weekend trips under the “Destinations” tab. Look out for our special CLIF Bar Mystery Bus Weekends where we’ll be rolling to a destination known only to us! You’re not going to want to miss those!
Q: I’m booked for a day trip, can I stay there overnight, and come back another day with OvR?
– Yes, you absolutely can choose to stay at the mountain rather than come back on the same day, but you will have to book two separate tickets for each day you’ll be traveling and pay the amount of both of these trips.
– So let’s say you need a bus ride and lift tickets for both Saturday and Sunday: Purchase the Bus and Lift Package (You can add lessons, rentals, etc.) for Saturday as well as for Sunday. Email us in advance and we can make these arrangements. If you decide last minute, you can inform the trip leader you will not be returning with the bus Saturday. On Sunday you will need to meet the trip leader for that day who will provide you with your mountain product for Sunday as well as inform you which bus to board for your return trip.
– Email info@OvRride.com of your plans so we can provide our trip leaders with your contact information and make the proper arrangements.
Q: What if I only need a one way bus ride to or from the mountain?
– You’re more than welcome to grab a ride with us up to any of our mountain destinations. You are never obligated to come back with us. There is no distinction between a one way ticket and a round trip ticket.
– The bus only rate is based on the value of the seat, so whether you come back with us in the same day or stay at the mountain the cost for a bus only reservation is $69.95 to Hunter and Windham and $89.95 to any of the Vermont mountains, with the exception of Killington with is $99.95. If you’re looking to make a reservation for a seat on a bus that is not a day trip bus (i.e. a weekend long trip), this option is available, but this rate may vary.
-Please inform your trip leader in the morning that you will not be returning on the bus ride home. We take pride in making sure we don’t abandon any of our customers at the mountain. This will save them the trouble of looking for you at the end of the day and possibly holding up the bus. If you plan on returning to NYC with us on another date, you will need to book that return bus ride separately and Email info@OvRride.com to let us know of your plan so we know to expect you on the bus ride home.
Q: What happens if I left something on the bus?
– OvR does a sweep of the bus after each trip. If you know that you left something on the bus contact OvR, Email info@OvRride.com with a description of the item and the date and destination of the trip you took. We will let you know if we can help locate it, but we do not have a lost and found and can’t be held liable for items left behind.
Q: What is the age restriction?
– An adult must accompany all guests under 14 years of age. For our guests that are 14-17 years of age, a waiver must be signed by a parent or guardian with a copy of that parent or guardian’s ID and credit card prior to the trip and given to the trip leader. You can download our regular waiver here and just have this parent or guardian sign close to the guest signature. You will need to also provide a printed image of that parent or guardian’s drivers license or other government issued ID.
– All our guests 18 or over are welcome to join us without restriction.
Q: How do I get my Lift Ticket?
– You purchase your tickets as part of a package when you book your trip with OvRride. When we arrive at the mountain on that day, your trip leader will have the tickets preordered, and waiting for you at the mountain. As you exit the bus your trip leader will distribute the appropriate lift tickets that you have ordered. Along with the lift tickets you will also receive vouchers for lessons and/or rental equipment to be redeemed at the mountain.
– OvRride cannot replace any lost lift tickets, rental vouchers or lesson passes. We recommend taking a picture of your lift ticket in case you lose it (especially with the new RFID lift cards that many mountains are now using).
– If the lift is the old attachable type, make sure that it is fastened securely in a place that won’t get caught on anything. Some tickets at the mountains have a perforated receipt that you should remove from the ticket and save in a safe place. In the event you lose your ticket, take this receipt back to the ticket window and you will be issued a new lift ticket.
– If the lift is an RFID card, make sure to place in a pocket that is separate from your phone, credit cards and any other magnetic devices. Be sure to take a picture of the front and back of these tickets. In the event you lose your ticket, take this picture back to the ticket window and you will be issued a new lift ticket.
Q: Can I buy a ticket(s) on the bus the morning of a trip?
– OvR’s mission is to take you to the Shred! We hope to be able to accommodate walk-ons on the day of the trip but make no guarantees. Show up with cash in hand (although we prefer venmo or paypal for walk-ons) for the package that you wish to purchase (i.e. bus only, bus/lift, bus/lift/rental, beginner package, etc.).
– Please note that if you walk-on prior to the last stop on a fully booked bus, you may ride up to the last stop hoping that someone doesn’t show, but in the event that everyone shows, you may be left at the last stop.
Q: WHAT ARE THE DESTINATIONS INCLUDED IN THE IKON PASS?
There are 41 destinations available on the Ikon Pass and the Ikon Base Pass.
California: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort (Bear Mountain, Snow Summit)
Colorado: Aspen Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, Eldora Mountain Resort
Maine: Sugarloaf, Sunday River
Michigan: Boyne Mountain, Boyne Highlands
Montana: Big Sky Resort
New Hampshire: Loon Mountain
New Mexico: Taos Ski Valley
Utah: Deer Valley Resort, Solitude Mountain Resort, AltaSnowbird, Brighton
Vermont: Stratton, Killington – Pico, Sugarbush Resort
Washington: Crystal Mountain, The Summit at Snoqualmie
West Virginia: Snowshoe
Wyoming: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
Alberta, Canada: SkiBig3 (Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, Mt. Norquay)
Ontario, Canada: Blue Mountain
Quebec, Canada: Tremblant
British Columbia, Canada: Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Cypress Mountain, CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures
Switzerland: Zermatt Matterhorn
Australia: Thredbo, Mt Buller
New Zealand: Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Mt Hutt
Japan: Niseko United
Chile: Valle Nevado
WHAT ARE THE COLLECTIVE STATS FOR THE IKON PASS?
IKON PASS BY THE NUMBERS
Canadian Provinces: 4
Total Acres: 84,385*
Q: After I purchase the OvR Ikon Pass, when do I receive the pass, travel credits, etc.?
All Ikon Passes will be mailed directly to the address on file in October leading into the 19/20 season. Information submitted during the purchase of the pass will be confirmed within 72 hours of your purchase. This will include your Date of Birth, valid billing and mailing address, password for your account, and any other info we need to setup your OvR Ikon Pass.
We will also send you an Ikon Pass specific waiver that must be completed, along with a confirmation of the perks of your pass to be signed and sent back for our records.
We will need you to send us a photo to be used on your Ikon Pass.
Travel Credits will be send via email within 72 hours of your purchase, along with OvR discounts applicable to Ikon Pass Destinations for the life of your pass.
Q: How does the Ikon Pass Preserver Insurance Protection work?
Ikon Pass Protection must be purchased along with the purchase of the Ikon Pass or added during the confirmation process. No insurance protection will be available after the pass is confirmed.
Pass Protection is provided by our friends at Red Sky Insurance and all information about the policy can be found HERE.
If the Ski Pass Preserver Insurance Plan is not purchased before the end of the confirmation process, you will be solely responsible for any loss to, or loss of use of ski pass. NO EXCEPTIONS
Q: How do I use my Ikon Pass when I arrive at the mountain?
The Ikon Pass uses “Direct to Lift” technology referred to as “DTL”.
Use of RFID technology allows the pass to be scanned through your jacket. This pass is ready to use and allows you to go directly to the lift. Some locations are operating on different systems and require our guests to check in at the ticket office.
Do not put your pass in a pocket with your wallet, credit cards or other items that use RFID technology (such as work IDs, etc.)
The following locations require the guest to go to the ticket office with their Ikon Pass:
Boyne Mountain (MI), Boyne Highlands (MI), Sunday River (ME), Sugarloaf (ME), Cypress (BC), Niseko (Japan), Valle Nevado (Chile), Coronet Peak, Mt. Hutt, The Remarkables (New Zealand)
Q: How does night skiing work with my Ikon Pass?
Skiing/Riding at a destination during the day and then again (same destination, same day) at night will count as one day used, not two. If you ski at a destination only at night, it will count as one day used.
Q: What is OvRride’s Cancellation Policy?
– In the event you need to cancel your day trip, OvRride requires 72 hour notice in writing from the departure date of the trip. This writing must be in the form of an email from the person who made the reservation. No phone calls or other forms of contact on social media, word of mouth, etc. can be honored. Cancellations with sufficient notice will be issued a full refund, or can move the reservation to another day/trip. In the event you cancel within 72 hours of the departure date or miss the bus for a day trip, you will be refunded all but $69.95 for all Catskill trips $49.95 for Mountain Creek or Pocono mountain trips, $99.95 for all Killington trips and $89.95 for Gore any other VT Mountains. This accounts for the cost of the bus seat that would then go empty.
– Cancellation of an OvR overnight weekend trip requires this same notification, 2 weeks prior to the trip date to receive a full refund. Any cancellation for overnight trips within 2 weeks are subject to the loss of the lodging and transportation elements of that package. We can often recover rental, lift and other packages, but it’s difficult to adjust certain elements of those reservations inside 2 weeks.
– Cancellation of a big trip (out west or anywhere requiring an airline flight) require a notification of 30 days prior to the trip date to receive a full refund. Any cancellations within 30 days are subject to the lose of the trip deposit and any flight related expenses.
– All trips that include travel outside the USA require a 60 day cancellation to assure any refunds can be processed. Any refunds offered within the 60 day time period of a trip including airfare outside the USA, would only be offered if available with our third party partners (such as airlines) and within those partners’ guidelines – not guaranteed.
– All requests to change or cancel a reservation MUST be received in written form to our guest services Email info@OvRride.com
– All Ikon Passes are non-refundable, non-transferable and are not for resale. Passholders are encouraged to protect themselves against the unexpected by adding pass insurance at the time of purchase.
Q: Still have a question? Need more info? Who to contact:
– If you need any information on a trip or have to change/cancel your reservation, please email info@OvRride.com or call at 347-559-1787. Please note, we have a high volume of calls during the heart of our winter season, so we recommend using our live chat on ovrride.com or emailing us before trying to call. Generally we can respond within 48 hours.
– Customer service calls and emails are answered between the hours of 11AM and 7PM, 7 days a week, in the order they are received.