I check the weather almost every morning when I wake up. But I rarely check the local weather in NYC- isn’t that what I have a window for?
I’ve got priorities. Instead, I check what’s going on in Vermont, Tahoe, Utah and Colorado. Nothing makes my day quite like hearing that it dumped snow- even if it’s thousands of miles away.
Well, imagine my giddiness this morning when I check Kirkwood’s website and saw that they’ve racked up a foot and half of snow over the past 48 hours! (post storm update- South Lake Tahoe reported 3 feet on 10/25/12)
Yeah… I was pretty excited.
Best part: in four months, OvR will be there. Hopefully waking up to even more fresh pow (is it greedy to ask for one every day we’re there?).
It’s pretty clear I’m excited for this season. Especially with reports that this will be an above average winter (I think we all are). Tahoe has become one of my favorite destinations, and I’m looking forward to shredding the hell out of that familiar and spectacular terrain!
One of the perks of the Tahoe trip, is that you have the opportunity to explore not one… but FOUR different mountains! And we’re talking the cream of the crop. Each mountain we’ve chosen has its own unique appeal. I couldn’t even begin to choose a favorite- each is amazing in its own way:
- Heavenly– As the name implies, this mountain is breathtakingly… well, Heavenly. The views of the lake are unreal. It also earns cool points since sits on the California/Nevada border; you can catch the lift in one state, and ride/ski right down to the other.
- Kirkwood- I remember when I first started snowboarding, hearing about this magical place that seemed just unfathomable. A mountain with an average snowfall of 500 ft a season, a breathtaking vertical drop and incomparable natural features- it’s got walls, basins and even a natural half-pipe that have made this one of my favorites.
- Sierra-at-Tahoe- Fun fact: We added Sierra to our roster after a local recommended we check it out our first time in Tahoe. And she was right, we were blown away. This little hidden gem is a locals’ favorite because it combines awesome moss-covered tree runs with one of the America’s best terrain parks (according to Transworld Snowboarding, it actually made it into the top ten resorts category as well).
- Squaw- This place is huge, and has a little of everything for everyone. There’s one word that comes to mind when I try to describe Squaw- Majestic. This mountain has so many hidden nooks and crannies, tree runs, wide open trails, parks and bowls. You can ride all day and never track over the same patch of snow twice.
- 7 days in Lake Tahoe, CA/NV
- Roundtrip Airfare To and From LaGuardia Airport
- 5 Lift Tickets at 4 major resort
- Charter Coach Bus – To / From Reno airport, transit between mountains, etc.
- Lodging at The Heavenly Inn (Right in the South Lake Tahoe Village)
- Some of the best winter weather in the world, casinos, breweries, good people, and one hell of a good time
For more details and to book now click here!