The Epic Journey continues… We are heading to South America to the peaks of the Andes Mountains!!!
OvRride doesn’t stop when the snow melts, because it’s always snowing somewhere. When the dead heat of summer gets you thinking of heading somewhere cool, why not take it over the top and go straight to winter. Join us for our trip to Chile in July where Summer is upside down.
Some of the world’s best riding and skiing is in the mountains of Chile and we put together a mix of the best.
As we always do, we’ve worked with the area’s most trusted reps to bring you the best resorts, terrain, and local flavor. After all, when you travel to the other side of the world you’re going to want to take it all in. Snowboard or ski at Nevados De Chillan and Los Andes, stay 2 nights in Santiago and tour Chilean wine country!
• Roundtrip Airfare from NYC to/from Santiago, Chile
• Guided Tour of the city of Santiago (con peirnas)
• 4 Days Lift Tickets at Nevados De Chillan & Los Andes (Optional 1day CAT Tour)
• All local transit and transfers during our stay
• Lodging in Las Trancas at regions most comfortable, modest accommodation
• 2 Nights in the Bellavista Region of Santiago (nightlife and cultural center of Chile)
• Tour of Chilean vineyards and wine tasting
• A full bodied South American cultural experience with some of the worlds best skiing & riding
Leisure Time Around the City
You’re going to want to experience the city of Santiago in Chile. With our scheduled “leisure days” to hang around town you’ll have free time to acclimate yourself to the culture. We’ll have 2 evenings Friday night the 19th and again Wednesday the 24th, as well as a full free day on Thursday the 25th – to check out the museums, cafes, wineries, and local shops.
OvRride never leaves the nightlife out of our plans. Our 2 nights in Santiago are strategically set on a Friday and the Wednesday evening of the local event “After Office Night” (local legendary night out). You’re going to want to check the unique local culture after dark. You can Enjoy the spectrum of Santiago from beer-by-the-liter & plastic tables, to fine dining & glasses of local artisan wine.
Mountain Lodging and Accommodations
When we arrive at the mountain we’ll be staying at the most comfortable modest accommodations right in Las Trancas on the mountain road. You’ll be able to reach most of the village by short walk or cheap shuttle, perhaps most notably the natural thermal spas. It’s like a hot tub on steroids right at the base of the mountain.
• Friday July 19th – Ride/Ski Portillo Resort (Ski Arpa CAT Ski option also available)
• Saturday July 20th – Train departs for Las Trancas, check into hotel
• Sunday July 21st – Ride/Ski Nevados de Chillan
• Monday July 22nd – Ride/Ski Nevados de Chillan
• Tuesday July 23rd – Ride/Ski Nevados de Chillan
• Wednesday July 24th – Train departs for Santiago, After Office Night (locally famous party)
• Thursday July 25th – Hang in Santiago, free day – Shuttle to the airport leaves at 6pm
Optional CAT Ski Tour:
Since it’s offered in Chile (reportedly some of the best riding in the world) we put together an option within the trip to head over to Ski Arpa.
What is a CAT Tour? If you’d like to join us, July 19th when we depart the hotel, instead of heading to Portillo Resort – we’ll head straight through the desert and up a remote mountainside…
The CAT ride will take you to the top of untouched terrain and a the best local guides will be corralling the experience as you descend some of the freshest snow in the world. No chair lifts for this one. It’s a cruising ride up on the CAT and an unforgettable shred down the big back bowls of the Chilean Andes. There is additional cost for this experience but it will surely be priceless.
Ready to extend your stay? Get down a week earlier by booking North Chile week 1 and stay for week 2! Southern Chile available. Please email info@OvRride.com to make you reservation
CHECK OUT PICS FROM LAST YEAR’S AWESOME TRIP ON FACEBOOK