We’ve missed our summer home in Los Andes, that’s what it is with EXTREMEOS pleasure we’re psyched to announce we are heading back to Los Andes to our favorite summer snow spots this July!
The Epic Journey continues… We are heading to South America to the peaks of the Andes Mountains!!!
OvRride doesn’t stop when the snow melts, because it’s always snowing somewhere. When the dead heat of summer gets you thinking of heading somewhere cool, why not take it over the top and go straight to winter. Join us for our trip to Chile in July where Summer is upside down.
Some of the world’s best riding and skiing is in the mountains of Chile and we put together a mix of the best.
As we always do, we’ve worked with the area’s most trusted reps to bring you the best resorts, terrain, and local flavor. After all, when you travel to the other side of the world you’re going to want to take it all in.
• Roundtrip Airfare from NYC to/from Santiago, Chile
• Guided Tour of the city of Santiago (con peirnas)
• 5 Days Lift Tickets at 3 Valleys resorts & Los Andes (Optional 1day CAT Tour)
• All local transit and transfers during our stay
• Lodging at region’s most comfortable accommodations
• 2 Saturday Nights in the Bellavista Region of Santiago (nightlife and cultural center of Chile)
• Tour of Chilean vineyards and wine tasting
• Day trip to the beautiful Chilean costal towns of Valparaiso & Viña Del Mar
• All breakfasts, with diners, après appetizers & local wine during our stay at the Powder Lodge in Farallones
• A full bodied South American cultural experience with some of the worlds best skiing & riding
Leisure Time Around the City
You’re going to want to experience the city of Santiago in Chile. With our scheduled “leisure days” to hang around town you’ll have free time to acclimate yourself to the culture. We’ll have all day Saturday July 16th, again Saturday night the 23rd, and a full say Sunday July 24th – to check out the museums, cafes, wineries, and local shops.
OvRride never leaves the nightlife out of our plans. We’ll be spending 3 nights in Santiago, strategically set on Friday and Saturday evenings. You’re going to want to check the unique local culture after dark. You’ll enjoy the spectrum of Santiago from beer-by-the-liter & plastic tables, to fine dining & glasses of local artisan wine.
When we arrive at the mountain we’ll be staying at the ultra homey Powder Lodge located in the village of Farellones and right next to a chair lift at the El Colorado Resort. It’s the obvious choice, not only due to its central proximity to the 3 Valley Resorts, but also its true Chilean rustic mountain feel and world class accommodations. Check out the table where the best chef in Farellones will be making you breakfast, après appetizers and dinner every day during our stay.
Our stay includes daily breakfast, après meals, and dinner and top off each meal with a glass of complimentary local wine. No doubt we’ll also be taking advantage of the outdoor hot tub and wood heated sauna for daily healing of the mind and body.
• Sunday July 17th – Leave Santiago for Los Andes just north of the city, hit a Wine Tour with tasting, Check Into Hotel Inca and head out for a traditional Chilean meal complete with gauchos and guitars
Farellones, check into Check Into Hotel Inca
• Monday July 18th – Day trip up to Ride/Ski Portillo Resort one of the most beautiful mountain resorts in the world. Don’t Miss Tío Bob’s!
• Tuesday July 19th – Day trip out to the Chilean shore to spend a day in the beautiful seaside towns of Valparaiso & Viña Del Mar… and yes, they have Chilean Seabass, but they just call it “bass”… and you have to try it! (Ski Arpa CAT Ski option also available)
• Wednesday July 20th – Leave Los Andes area for Farellones, check into Powder Lodge and Ride/Ski El Colorado Resort (Right at our doorstep)
• Thursday July 21st – Ride/Ski La Parva Resort (Best Kept Secret)
• Friday July 22nd – Ride/Ski Valle Nevado Resort (Legend of the Andes) Ride/Ski Portillo Resort (Ski Arpa CAT Ski option also available)
• Saturday July 23rd – Ride/Ski El Colorado Resort then pack it up to head down back to Santiago.
• Sunday July 24th – Free day in Santiago, then pack up and get ready to hit the airport – Shuttle to the airport leaves at 7:30pm
Optional CAT Ski Tour:
Since it’s offered in Chile (reportedly some of the best riding in the world) we put together an option within the trip to head over to Ski Arpa.
What is a CAT Tour? If you’d like to join us, July 19th when we depart the hotel, instead of heading to the shore, we’ll head straight through the desert and up a remote mountainside…
The CAT ride will take you to the top of untouched terrain and the best local guides will be corralling the experience as you descend some of the freshest snow in the world. No chair lifts for this one. It’s a cruising ride up on the CAT and an unforgettable shred down the big back bowls of the Chilean Andes. The additional cost for this experience is $599.95, but the experience itself is straight up priceless.